CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ONESTEP is using 2018/19 to focus on redefining value for our members. We're exploring new training initiatives, redesigned regional meetings, a pan-provincial pre-employment program demonstration, and lots more. We are looking for passionate individuals to join our dynamic Board as we map out the next chapter in ONESTEP's history.
What is involved
The role of the Board is to set and oversee policies in support of the stated purpose, goals, and objectives of ONESTEP and to be accountable to its membership and the community it serves. The Board meets 4-6 times per year; two in-person, the remaining via Adobe Connect. Board Members act as champions for ONESTEP, within their organizations and across their communities, to increase the awareness of, and engagement with, ONESTEP throughout the province.
Who is eligible
Any voting member in good standing of the corporation may stand for election to the Board. Members must be non-profit organizations with objectives that are aligned with those of ONESTEP’s and fall in one (or more) of the following categories:
- Career and Employment Training or Literacy/Basic Skills Organization
- Training Trust Funds that provide employment-related supports and/or services
- Charitable Foundations supporting initatives in the workforce development or related areas
- Community-based organizations or social enterprises supporting initatives in the workforce development or related areas
- Organizations affiliated with the sector (e.g. workforce training boards, colleges, municipal social services departments, community services)